Partner organisations that do similar work:
- The Cambridge Bilingualism Network in Cambridge, England.
- Growing up Bilingual operates from Utrecht in the Netherlands.
- The Ulster Centre on Multilingualism are based in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
We believe that researchers need to collaborate with people outside universities. We have worked with a lot of different organisations to help make sure that research is used to improve people’s lives, including:
- Edinburgh City Council English as an Additional Language who support English as an Additional Language in primary schools and nurseries
- Education Scotland who support learning and teaching in Scotland
- EUSA volunteering who provide volunteer placements for students who want to give something back
- Gathered Together who support Ethnic and Cultural Minority parents to get more involved with their children’s education
- Ragged University who make information freely available to everyone
- Scotland’s National Centre for Languages (SCILT) who provide information and advice about languages
- Scottish Council on Deafness who represent organisations working with and on behalf of Deaf Sign Language users, deafened, deafblind and hard of hearing people in Scotland
- Scotland China Education Network who promote learning about Chinese language and culture
- Yakety-yak language cafe who provide language learning opportunities around Edinburgh